Yes, it seems that with every update to the driver software or Access Connections, trouble has to follow.
I was genuinely happy when I found that Lenovo had release a new version of System Update with support for Win7.
I threw it on my x301, ran System Update and everything seemed just fine… BIOS, software and drivers were successfully updated – and once again, I was happy.
As you have probably guessed the happiness only lasted shortly – my Mobile Broadband connection was no longer working. As a consultant doing a lot of travelling – this was as bad as it gets.
So I’m back to square one, and I’ll let you know what I did when I get it up and running again. In the meantime, don’t use System Update if you are depending on a working Mobile Broadband connection.